With the announcement of the reduction of utility-backed rebates for solar panels and solar hot water, APS is ramping up its energy efficiency package in a big way. The first step is to have an energy audit performed by a BPI certified auditor for only $99. The audit includes a blower door test which depressurizes the home to test for air and duct leakage. A blower door works by removing all the air inside and replacing it through air leaks occurring around cracks and holes in the ductwork, electrical and plumbing penetrations, and windows and doors. Pressure diagnostics will also reveal where the leaks are occurring and help define the all important thermal boundary of your home. Sealing up holes in your home is the typically the most cost effective recommendation and the first step to a more comfortable and energy efficient home.
As part of the program your auditor will provide 10 CFL bulbs, low-flow aerators and a low-flow shower head. After the audit is performed you will receive a prioritized road map which lays out recommended upgrades, payback and initial costs.
APS is helping finance energy efficiency packages from start to finish. APS provides rebates of 75% for duct and air sealing, insulation, shade screens and HVAC upgrades up to $1,000. SRP customers also have their own energy audit program similar to APS's.
APS and SRP Energy Audits also include:
- HVAC inspection
- Attic inspection of insulation and ductwork
- Blower door test
- Building model of your home
- Prioritized cost-effective solutions and report
- 10 free CFLs
- 2 free low flow faucet aerators
- 1 free low flow showerhead
- 1 free low flow kitchen sink aerator
Rebates can be taken off the initial cost or can be mailed directly to the homeowner upon 6-8 weeks of completion of install. Rebates include the following:
- Home energy audit - Discounted to $99
- Duct sealing - 75% off net costs up to $250 rebate per HVAC system from APS / $175 for SRP
- Air sealing - $250 rebate from APS
- R-38 insulation - 75% off net costs up to $250 rebate from APS
- Shade screens - $1 per sq ft rebate up to $250 from APS / $0.50 per sq ft up to $250 for SRP
- High efficiency AC units and furnaces - $175 to $525 rebate from APS
For more information take our online Energy Efficiency Tool, conduct your own Energy Audit and visit APS and SRP Home Performance With Energy Star website.
Visit previous posts on the APS energy audits and the most common recommendations we give.
Sign Up For Your Home Energy Audit
FIND YOUR HOME TYPE
©2009 – 2018
All Rights Reserved