Here are some causes of uncomfortable rooms above garages (bonus rooms)
- Many times the rooms above garages are the furthest away from the air handler and after a long stretch of ducting, reducing the airflow delivered to the room.
- Also we often measure poor air circulation into and out of all the rooms on the second floor, which makes the HVAC systems work a lot harder.
- Reduced capacity of the HVAC systems from bad duct design and installation.
- Excessive heat gain from attic to first floor wall cavities.
- Window heat gain on sun struck windows.
Any of the causes listed above either by themselves or in combination is a recipe for high energy bills and uncomfortable bonus rooms. The good news is that comfort issues are typically solvable with low-cost, quick payback upgrades and supported by APS and SRP. Since 2009 Green ID has heard stories of families living with hot bonus rooms for years and after our team comes in to perform a comprehensive home energy assessment and upgrade, it’s like night and day for the comfort throughout the house. Don’t wait until next summer, call Green ID to schedule a home energy assessment and transform your home the Green ID way.