- ABOUT US
HEATING & COOLING
- COMMON PROBLEMS
What's Included in an Energy Audit?
Tired of hot and cold rooms, ever-increasing utility bills, or always dusting the blinds and furniture? Just like a doctor using x-rays and blood work to diagnose health problems, Green ID's home energy auditors use advanced equipment and technology to identify exactly what is causing those problems and recommend solutions to create a more healthy, comfortable and energy efficient home.
Green ID's Four-Step Approach to a Comprehensive Assessment:
Green ID's Four-Step Approach to a Comprehensive Assessment:
- Test your home with a home energy audit
- Evaluate and balance efficiency upgrades, available rebates and financing incentives
- Upgrade your home based on your customized road map towards energy independence
- Verify our work to show measurable improvements
"I had 3 bedrooms that were hot and cold and now they are beautifully perfect! I used to run my air at 76 all the time and now I run it at 78. I love my house to be cold. I freeze now more than before.
I had this work done March 5. March of 2013 Kw was 1031. March 2014 was 790. April 2013 was 1308 and April 2014 was 949. I had the ac on all of April. I don't remember if I had it on last year.
So far in May, I have not had a day over 35 Kw, which means I may end up somewhere around 1200 Kw for May. Last year in May we used 1980 Kw. That is a reduction of over 35% if it comes true. I expect to have at least a 30% reduction in Kw this summer.
Folks, this program works. It will costs some bucks but it will reduce your Kw and your monthly bills, especially in the summer months. My pool runs more hours and costs me less. My house is colder and costs me less. My house is worth more than my neighbors' and my home can be sold as an energy efficient home. The investment is worth it. I have a 2300 square foot home. I have gas hot water heater, gas heat, gas stove and a pool. My current equal pay with SRP is $182. I expect it to drop to below $140 next year. . . maybe lower. Not bad for Phoenix."
Green ID's Home Energy Audits Include:
Green ID's home energy audits include a series of important steps:
- Homeowner Interview- this is an important first step in diagnosing your home because it's your home and you are an important source of information for our advisor.
- Visual Inspection of the House- to see where there are potential venting problems, window and sun exposure and typical construction defects that may lead to other problems.
- Combustion Safety and Gas Leakage Tests- are things you will want corrected and absolutely things you will need to fix before your home gets tightened up or the ducts get changed out
- Whole House Blower Door Test- to measure how leaky your home is and to isolate where the leaks are occurring.
- Duct Leakage Test- to identify the amount of leakage that existing in the ductwork by measuring the leakage in the ductwork and visually inspecting the ducts in the attic.
"David was very professional and helpful. Ty did the work, we really liked him. We did not post for a couple of months just to see if the difference was equal to what they said it would be. They exceeded their own expectations. Our SRP rating went from bad (8) to a very good (2). We had an estimate from another home repair company. David did more work and charged less. Our home is cooler than it has ever been in the years we have lived here. Thank you for everything, David. We would recommend your company to everyone!"
- Duct Design Evaluation- we look at how the ducts were placed and installed in your rooms to find opportunities to properly air balance the home or relocate or add new registers for maximum air flow.
- Infrared Camera Inspection- will spot hidden defects in the insulation and thermal envelope we couldn't find any other way.
- Utility Bill Analysis- your home's usage pattern provide a good indication of what's going on in your home.
- Static Pressure Test- will evaluate your HVAC system, ductwork and registers to tell us how well the airflow is moving through your delivery system and if the system is being starved for air.
- Pressure Test- will identify pressure imbalances between rooms that exaggerate dust and allergens, air leaks and make the HVAC system work harder than needed.
"I had my first home energy audit done. Michael took his time and checked for leaks, as well as checked for insulation issues in the attic. Overall, the energy audit took 3 hours or so. He found some issues with the insulation as well as confirmed a hot exterior wall with an IR camera. Next, David presented the results and suggested some fixes to address the things they found. David is pretty upfront and honest about what to expect and will let you know what's the best bang for the buck. He and his crew spent about 3 days completing all the work. My house had a lot of soffits that were not properly insulated. David and his crew either sealed them off or insulated the actual cavity. They also rerouted the flex lines, which instantly improved the cooling and heating to the problem areas of the house. They also added more insulation in the attic. SRP sent out an independent auditor after all the work was completed, and that person was so impressed with the quality, and said that these guys must have taken a lot of time. He went on to mention most companies just blow insulation on top, but David and his crew lifted up each fiberglass batt and blew insulation underneath, then laid the batts back down, and then blew more on top. This is one of the major reasons why it took so long. In terms of real energy savings, I compared my December gas bill to last year's and my usage went down 33% even though this December was colder. I can also tell that my house seems to hold its temperature better. I didn't price shop any of the recommendations but if you want a high quality job without any high sales pressure, then consider GreenID."
- Water Heating Evaluation- looks at your temperature settings, feasibility for alternative heating sources and other energy saving opportunities.
- Insulation and Air Barrier Evaluation- will inspect your attic for not only insulation condition, but how it was installed. Poor installation or just a lack of knowledge by home builders and insulation contractors left many homes simply uninsulated.
- Pool Pump Evaluation- will look at energy saving opportunities at your often overlooked, second biggest energy user in your home, the pool pump system.
- Home Energy Report- summarizing our findings and giving you modeled cost savings from an advanced heat load calculation we perform on your home.
Sign Up For Your Home Energy Audit