- ABOUT US
HEATING & COOLING
- COMMON PROBLEMS
Indoor Air Quality
A home energy audit can identify any potential indoor health or safety issues you may be exposed to. Most people never think they are at risk, since health and safety is often an out-of-sight and out-of-mind issue until it becomes a serious problem. A thorough inspection of your home will reveal potential problems such as:
1. Backdrafting - caused by air pressure imbalances between rooms or insufficient fresh air intake. It will cause appliances and fireplaces to pull carbon monoxide back into the house instead of out through the flue vent. If in contact with Carbon monoxide, illness, or even death can occur.
2. Roll-out - caused by backdrafting, air pressure imbalances, insufficient fresh air intake, or mechanical problems. This can cause pilot lights to blow out or flame roll-out, which can start a house fire.
3. Moisture problems - can even occur in Phoenix if your home is not properly ventilated from water vapor buildup. This can lead to mold, wood rot, and health and structural problems.
4. Indoor air pollutants- caused from either 1) offgassing of carpets, electronics, and cleaning chemicals; 2) allergens or dust mites; or 3) attic air being distributed from duct leakage.
5. Gas leaks from appliances
6. High overall carbon monoxide levels
7. Asbestos in popcorn ceilings or vermiculite insulation
8. Lead paint
Our home energy audits include gas leak detection, carbon monoxide measurements, room pressure testing, exhaust draft pressure testing, attic inspections, as well as combustion appliance zone calculations. Your family's health and safety is our top priority, which is why we test-in and test-out after any work was performed to make sure pressure and leakage changes remain innocuous.