Free Scottsdale Home Energy Audits
For a limited time the City of Scottsdale is offering residents a free energy audit (normally $99). Whether you get excited for the Waste Management Open, watching the 4th of July fireworks at Greyhawk or just hanging out with the neighbors and kids at the local park, Scottsdale really is the "most livable city" and with The City of Scottsdale sponsoring a free energy audit program, homeowners can discover where they save up to 30% on their energy bills without adding solar.
Making energy efficiency improvements like adding insulation, sealing the ductwork and airflow balancing to hot rooms is the most cost effective way to make homes more comfortable and energy efficient. With most of the development in Scottsdale built before or at the end of the housing bubble, many builders cut corners and now Scottsdale homeowners are the ones paying the price. Click here to find more details of the Scottdale free audit program.
Green ID's Four-Step Approach to a Comprehensive Assessment:
The evaluation was impressive, with hundreds of photos taken of the crawl spaces to show where and how they were going to repair the problems. A little over a week later, they came back and realigned all the fiberglass insulation batts, installed 6" additional insulation; fully sealed all of the ducting, returns and registers and installed jump ducting. They were prompt, clean and very professional. They also took the time to explain all of the how's and why's as well as make some suggestions that we could do ourselves to reduce our power bill.
There are 2 rooms in the house that never cool down. After the audit, David came out and provided me with a detailed plan on what could be done to improve the cooling of the rooms as well as the entire house. The plan consisted of adding more insulation in the attic, sealing the return lines to reduce warm air entering into the AC system, and rerouting some of the AC runs. He discussed with me 2 different options to improve the cooling of the two warm rooms. David was open to answering all my questions and evaluating my suggestions. We came up with a plan to add another line to each of the rooms and put dampers in to redirect air from rooms not used as much. David and his team spent 2 days at the house and were very professional and helpful. The result is those 2 rooms have never been cooler! We are very happy with how cool the entire house feels after the work Green ID performed. I am very pleased with the work David and his team did and would highly recommend them to help cool down your house!
Schedule A Free Home Energy Audit (a $99 value)
What Make Us Different
- Environmental engineer CEO
- BPI, RESNET and LEED AP accredited; winner of Energy Star's Century Club Award 2012 - 2016
- Air conditioning load calculations done on every home, 10 years of diagnosing airflow issues in Scottsdale
- AC best practices followed from Day 1 of your heat pump or furnace installation
- Owners, managers, staff and crew who care
- Our customers
A Green ID Energy Audit Includes:
- Duct leakage pressure test (not a visual inspection)
- Airflow measurement (not a visual inspection)
- Evaluating your existing heating – air conditioning system
- Inspect insulation and thermal envelope
- Perform a ACCA approved Manual J heat load to determine equipment sizing & selection
- Air conditioning and heating written replacement quotes
- Discuss all of your options
- Pricing and incentives